Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a new 2017 Prius Generation 4, Excel trim. There is a

I have a new 2017 Prius Generation 4, Excel trim. There is a strange, minor but irritating fault with the GPS navigation system. At random intervals, but at least one per week it switches to metric measurement units, displaying speed limits in kilometres rather than miles. I can easily set it back to using miles and yards, but it is irritating and mysterious. I have downloaded and applied the updated software version 6.9.
Have you heard of this issue before?

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here since it is switching on its own like this, this can indicate an internal fault in the navigation head unit itself needing replaced.I have seen this fail in the past before causing this type of fault here needing replaced.Since this is a new model it should still be covered under factory warranty to be diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you by a dealer.I would have a dealer diagnose the fault here to see if they can pinpoint and repair it and to see if the navigation head unit needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete