Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer

I have hondacrv 2002 petrol manual. Engeene ligth goes off

Hi Tom .I have hondacrv 2002 petrol manual. Engeene ligth goes off and on Error code PO325. Its coming usually ,long trips or when I exelerate the car when I have 50miles ... when is ON after 1 nigth goes off itself . I change Oxigen sensor check alternator , sensors around engeene ,spark plugs ,coils still the same . one of the garage also told me could be anything . not to hurry to change knock sensor yet. could be connected with the petrol but not sure .What should I do next?
thank you

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Listen to the engine and see if it actually has a knock or rattle to it.If it does then it is possible it is the petrol and it may need drained and filled with fresh petrol to resolve this.It may also be a fault with a mechanical fault in the engine like an engine bearing starting to fail or engine component failing needing replaced.You would have to have this looked into further to locate and repair this issue here.

If there is no engine noise at all then most likely it is only the knock sensor itself needing replaced.Knock sensor failure is common for this code here with the sensor needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete,
Still keep going ON and OFF the engine light. And any time when the car warm up .
Nothing else indicate something wrong except the eror code . Thanks

Was the knock sensor replaced?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi not yet, the reason is , with light on there is any change with car behaviour.
So I try all options before I decide to change the knock sensor.

O.k. there in some cases will not be any change in behavior when the knock sensor is acting up.It may act up a few times but not cause any issues but can turn on the warning light and set this code.If you have no engine noises at all then I suspect the knock sensor needs replaced.