Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Just investigating the process to replace my diesel fuel

Hi, just investigating the process to replace my diesel fuel filter and am concerned about fuel contamination when I remove the filter ,do I need to drain down & where is the valve? its an expert 2 van ,2.0 hdi 130bhp?
Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Peugeot. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: well I assume I then replace the new filter & then tighten up bolts as required & prime with fuel bulb, is it that simple?

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually you just need to clean the area around the filter so no debris drops into the new filter or housing.If your filter is one that is at an angle to put diesel fuel in it when installing it I would fill it with diesel fuel manually then install the filter so it starts up with ease.If you have a primer bulb then you would loosen the air bleed screw near the prime bulb ( if equipped) to prime and purge air or if no primer bulb is found just pump the primer several times to fill the filter and then it should start and run.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete