Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My 2007 Nissan Micra CC roof works fine, but on opening the

My 2007 Nissan Micra CC roof works fine, but on opening the motor continues to run after sequence is complete.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with a failing micro switch/sensor that detects the position of the roof.It can cause the roof to continue to run like you see.I would have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to help locate the fault.I would also use a scan tool to see if you can read the sensor signals from the roof components to see if you can locate a faulty position sensor.In allot of cases it is built into the roof motor and sometimes a relearn of the roof system with a scan tool will resolve this and in other cases the motor may need replaced.It is usually a hall sensor in the motor itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete