Experience:  dasdasd

I have a 3ltr diesel grand Cherokee and a warning has just

Hi I have a 3ltr diesel grand Cherokee and a warning has just flashed up 4wd service required and the switch fails to select low this seems to be a common fault from a forum I have looked up can you please give me a cure for this. Thanks Stan
Hello and welcome to just answer.
9 times out of 10 this problem is caused by a failing transfer case motor/actuator assembly.
However it could be a wiring problem or a front differential lock actuator, but if you can get the vehicle to the Jeep dealer they will connect their WiTech scan tool to the vehicle and verify if it is the actuator or something else. They will be able to figure it out fairly quickly.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system or by accepting my answer? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary.Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Chris the nearest jeep garage is about 20 miles away and I was hoping not to go there but it seems that this is a job for special tools . Thanks Stan