Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Corsa D, 1.4 petrol, with clutch judder from cold.

I have a Corsa D, 1.4 petrol, with clutch judder from cold. A new clutch fixed this for a while but the fault has returned. I have 30 years motor trade experience, so I know clutch judder when it happens. Is there a fix for this fault, as it appears to be a common problem on the corsa?

I'd say if a new clutch is quickly juddering like the original then the flywheel mating face must be distorted ?

I'd say the next step is to remove the flywheel and put it onto a lathe to perform a clean up of the mating face

Its also worth checking the state of the engine and gearbox mounts - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts