How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gary Your Own Question
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 1913
Experience:  Senior Technician
Type Your Car Question Here...
Gary is online now

I had a bump from behind in my kia venga and the garage says

This answer was rated:

i had a bump from behind in my kia venga and the garage says an "x member" needs changing as well as the bumper. What is this please?

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello John,

Normally a crossmember would be to do with an engine or transmission in a rear wheel drive vehicle, but in your case I would say it would be an aluminium crash absorption bar behind the bumper bar.

Very common for this component to need replacement, since it is designed to absorb some impact.

Hope this helps.


Gary and other Car Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Gary

I hope that makes sense for you John.

All the best.