Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Landrover discovery td5 landmark1000km, stopped for coffe

Customer Question

Landrover discovery td5 landmark*****1000km , stopped for coffe after 10 minutes went to the car , started fine , moved to d to go and won't go tried all gears and won't go at all the m&s button flash once than now the m didn't come on when pushing the button just s comes on and as you push the button but no signe of m ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

I'd 1st investigate the connections to the brake pedal switch and the wiring to it for any crimp damage or fraying. Ideally use a multimeter to check that the switch is working OK. This is because the gearbox controller won't allow the lever to shift from park until it sees that your foot is on the brakes

There should be 2 switches one for the brake lights and the other for the gearbox and both are located at the top of the brake pedal in the drivers footwell.

If this is OK then check the selector lever linkage for any broken parts and or missing bolts or if a bolt is partially out and is jamming things up

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt