Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Mercedse C180 2011 AMG Estate, my car was almost

Hi my name is***** have a Mercedse C180 2011 AMG Estate, my car was almost out of fule and my wife went to fill it up, but she put about 1 gal of desel in my petrol car. is there a drain off tap, she was able to get it home, it will not start now because of the fule can you help me please.?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

On some of these models, there is a drain at the bottom of the tank that will look like a plug that unscrews to drain it.On most, there is not a drain and you would need to command on the fuel pump with a compatible scan tool with the fuel feed line removed from the tank or engine and then allow the pump to run to drain the tank empty.Then remove and clean the spark plugs and add fresh fuel to then allow starting again.It can be a long procedure but the fuel needs pumped out if you do not see a drain plug on the bottom of the fuel tank at the rear of the vehicle, then the spark plugs cleaned.New fuel added and run the pump again until gas is seen or you can smell gas coming out of the fuel line then connect the fuel line and it should start and run from there with no issues.I do not see a drain plug on your model's fuel tank, unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It looks like I am going to have to call a garage to sort it out. or do you think i should call wrong fule in my car or fuel in my car

If you are asking if you should tell them about the wrong fuel in your car when you call them or take it in, yes I would tell them so they can drain it and clean the spark plugs and add new fuel.If this is not what your asking let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they are companies who call at the house to clear the fuel, have you had any delings with them ? if I try it myself can I come back to you without paying again ?

I have not dealt with them before but if they are companies that can come in and clean out the tank and correct this then I would definitely try them.You can come back to this post as much as needed anytime even after a rating is left if you need to continue or need anything else.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I will let you know how I get on Thank You

You're welcome

Thanks Pete