Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Thinking of buying an Audi A6 Avant estate (with smaller

Hi Thinking of buying an Audi A6 Avant estate (with smaller engine), but have heard of complains about the auto gearboxes. Whats the expected life, or do I look for a car with manual box? Comments will surely be valued!

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually, as long as you keep the gearbox maintained in the time frame it needs maintenance and uses the correct fluids it should last quite a long time.But some of these can fail around 150k km or sooner if not maintained properly or due to an internal mechanical fault.You could look for one with a manual box as it may last longer but you will need to have the clutch replaced at some point with a manual as they do wear out over time.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete