Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

When i try to start my boxter i only get a click click click

hi when i try to start my boxter i only get a click click click

Hi, my name is***** symptoms that you describe are consistent with low battery voltage. I would try a jump start.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how low is the voltage to not be able to turn this small starter unit.i am an aircraft engineer and aircraft apu starters still turn on 23 volts off a 28 v rated battery

Anything below 12V when engaging the starter motor will give you trouble on the Porsche.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
many thanks i think your correct the car has just been moved in and out of the garage over the last few winter months ,so no batt charge time going on

You're quite welcome.