Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have just purchased a 2014 mercedes 250 cla ( Japanese

I have just purchased a 2014 mercedes 250 cla
( Japanese import) I've tried to reset the radio from Japanese to ece and in doing so I have an antitheft protection activated service required message appear . I have tried holding down power on button and key off and on . Tried a day later , still no luck . Have no books or manuals with car so don't know the pin for the comand . Any clues ?

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On a newer model like this here usually, the command/radio has to be programmed to work when it locks up like this here.This usually has to be done with a dealers sds machine to allow it to operate again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete