Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Subaru Forester fob immobiliser will not work and now using

Subaru Forester fob immobiliser will not work and now using the key in the door the red light does not come on and the car cannot be started. Can the immobiliser be turned off, if so how please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately, this will take a new key fob to allow unlocking and starting to correct this fault here.Your vehicles computers need to see the key fob signals to allow starting.Since you replaced the batteries in the fob and the issue is still occurring the fob needs replaced to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Pete
I have now been able-don’t ask how- to make one of the two keys work but I think it may be the responder in the car which no longer is as efficient as it once was. Could this be the case.
I had the keys checked about 6 months ago when this happened and the Sabaru dealer at St Leonard’s said they were ok.
Any thoughts?
Bill Mc.

You're welcome

That could be the case here.But even though the keys were already checked once before it is possible they have both started to act up now so this is also a possibility.You would have to have this tested further to be sure of the cause then repaired from there.

Thanks Pete