Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2011 automatic Skoda Fabia and the D1 - D6 lights

I have a 2011 automatic Skoda Fabia and the D1 - D6 lights flash on the dash as I drive along. There is also a flashing spanner symbol and I know this is not good, but I have driven my car like this for over a year okay. However, it now loses power in D (drive only) (no acceleration) and I have to wait a few seconds before it takes off fine in D1.
Hi and good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with this issue.
The spanner warning light and the D lights are warning you that you have a transmission malfunction. .
What you will have to do is get hooked up to a top level scan tool to check for malfunction codes. A code reader will not help will have to be a dealer level scan tool.
What is now happening is it’s going into limp mode (safe mode) to stop you causing even more damage .
I suggest you get this checked as soon as possible before you have an even more expensive damage .Need further advice with this issue then please get back to me.
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I think there may be a leak somewhere as I reckon I can see a tiny patch of something on the driveway each day. I guess I have been lucky to 'get away with it' for so long. That 'limp mode' thingy is a big nuisance as I had hoped to keep the car going for a while longer.