Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

The clutch on my Mitsubishi Outlander has gone straight to

Customer Question

Hi, the clutch on my Mitsubishi Outlander has gone straight to the floor. It happened at home so can’t move it. Any ideas on the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi..there..

More than likely the clutch hydraulic release system has gone faulty..either your clutch pedal master cylinder or the Slave cylinder at the gearbox/clutch... so you'll likly need to get someone to visually inpsect up into the pedal area to check for leaks at the push rod contected to the master cylinder. those areas and check for leaks around those and at the gearbox- if fluid is seen or been seen coming from the bellhousing..then its likely the slave has gone..because they use concentric slave on outlander 2..you have to have the gearbox taken out to replace that..but during that process it would make alot sense to consider having the clutch done at the same time..as normally that slave cylinder would be replaced anyway if you had to have the clutch done..so as a first step from here its basically a visual inspection and see whats found and take it from there..hope this helps