Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Why are warning lights appearing on my Mini s when nothing

Hello. Why are warning lights appearing on my Mini Cooper s when nothing seems to be wrong. Indicators flash when car switched on and high beam comes on without being activated

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to a faulty component like a light control module or body control module/ecu acting up.I have seen these control units act up causing this issue needing replaced.

What needs to be done is to have a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here.This will help to pinpoint the cause then it is determined from there what needs to be replaced to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete