Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Assistant: How can we help? I'm trying to find answer for

Assistant: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I'm trying to find answer for problem on X5 e70 model SD
Assistant: What year is your X5?
Customer: 2008
Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well i just want to find what causing the buzzing noise when climate unit is on
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: From some forums got info that reason for that is heating box valve
Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: There's no leak but i need to check the coolant level . The buzzing is something like this: https://youtu.be/nm4uzi-WSNY

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your vehicle uses a small booster pump/heater core pump to pump coolant in through the heater core this can cause this type of fault here.Looking at the hose in that video it looks like the hose is jumping when the noise occurs and a failing heater core/auxiliary pump can cause this type of noise needing replaced.This will have to be checked into further to see if this is the cause and to see if any other components are causing this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Pete.
Your answer it confirmed my initial thoughts about the problem. I will be in touch with you in near future if there's need again.

Your welcome