Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Dear Experts, I have a 2010 C220 Merc and lately I notice

Dear Experts,
I have a 2010 C220 Merc and lately I notice that the dip lights are very poor. The main lights are fine. The same H7 bulb is used for dim and main beam. Its impossible to clean inside the bulb housing. Is there any other reason for the deterioration.
Jim C.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does the light lense look dirty or scratched up at all?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. The Lens are clean. Hoowever, I note that the round housing for the dip lights (which is inside the Main Lens) is semi opaque. Not sure if it was always like that. Dip lights were good previously. The deterioration is in recent months. JC

O.k., this does deteriorate over time and can wear on how bright they are.Unfortunately, the lense is glued to the head light housing the entire head light has to be replaced as an assembly to correct this issue here.You can have someone try and carefully separate the glue to see if they can get inside the light to polish and clean but usually, this ends up breaking the lense and the head light assemblies have to be replaced.This is most common for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. If you think that is the problem I will leave it alone until My next service and ask Mercedes Garage to look at it. Thanks. JC

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete