Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have 2009 BMW 320d M sport highline hard top convertible

I have 2009 BMW 320d M sport highline hard top convertible the roof has got stuck mid way when opening and will not move either closed or open. The boot will not open, how can I get the roof to open or close?John

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a faulty micro switch/roof position sensor sending a false or no signal on the position of the roof and roof components.I have seen these switches fail in the past before needing to be replaced for this fault here.You would have to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers to see what codes are set then those codes are used to help to diagnose and locate the fault.In some cases, the scan tool/computer is also used to monitor the data signals from these micro switches to locate and repair this issue.

If the roof is still stuck in one position and will not close or open let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete