Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2005 c8. Recently replaced the motor ob the

I have a 2005 c8. Recently replaced the motor ob the electric sliding door passenger side.
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Oops hadnt finished. Since replacing the motor, the door only opens about 5cm electronically and wont close. Very heavy and stiff to use manually. 128000 diesel manual
Assistant: Are you fixing your C8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Havent tried anything yet as unsure what to do. Door motor was replaced by previous owner 2 days ago. Just before we purchased the car
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the door motor replacement repair that was done re checked to see if anything was installed incorrectly or damaged causing the issue you see now.If the motor was installed incorrectly or if a component the motor operates was installed incorrectly this will cause this fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete