Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

I have a leaking seal on my water pum and a leaking seal on

I have a leaking seal on my water pum and a leaking seal on the gearbox oil cooler
Can these parts have the seals renewed?
YK14YTB C220 CDI Estate 77000 miles

The water pump for these engines will come with a ring seal gasket as standard with the new pump in the doesnt show on the parts list a seperate item..Basically in my opinion it wouldnt even make sense to remove the old pump and just replace the gasket and refit the old pump back on,as you have no idea what kind of lifespan the old pump has left on it..if it was to fail then your looking at a new water pump and new gasket again anyway.better to deal with the problem properly. than cut corners...As far as you oil cooler goes again the only seals you can get on them is the o-rings for the transmission supply and return lines from the gearbox to the cooler chamber..the cooler will come with sealing ring as a unit...