Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have a renault scenic 1500 dci 100 were do i start someone

hi i have a renault scenic 1500 dci 100 were do i start someone put petrol in and we got it flushed out then it was running ok for abit then it lost its power and stopped so we have changed deisel pump ,deisel filter and egr valve it dose start with a starter pack but its loud and smoke is coming out of the engine and it wont pull away please help

the missing piece is the injectors

as they too can be damaged when petrol is introduced

not from the fuel itself ,rather that they get swarf / metal particles pumped into them from the damaged pump

if you've replaced the pump due to petrol damage then the injectors have to be changed as well

they will also need 'coding' or programming to match your vehicle

sorry its not better news

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
aww right thanks very much for your advise do you think it is worth getting it done and will it run ok when its done thanks

Its difficult to say without the car in front of me if this will definitely solve it but there's a strong chance it will