Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

L have a 2005 Renault laguna with the instrument cluster

Hi l have a 2005 Renault laguna with the instrument cluster lights and gauges going of then on the AA man said that his computer was speaking to everything but the clocks. I have sent the clocks of to refurbished, but they are doing the same thing at a cost of £160 l told them the problem. I have been in the game for 30 years I think it is possible a bad connection to the e.c.u ? Can you help

as you've had the instrument pack tested then yes I'd agree its now pointing at the under dash wiring loom

sorry to say that the next step will be to disconnect the body control module and the ECU from their sockets and with the aid of a wiring diagram then pin to pin continuity test between the instrument panel sockets and the modules

anything more than 2-3 ohms will mean that there's a wiring issue

you can download wiring diagrams from here

http://clublaguna.ru/Vb/Laguna%20F3R%20722.pdf

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Matt than you for the info, l thought l would be going down this route. At the moment l am under Christie at the moment not feeling that good with the chemotherapy. I will let you know how l get on. Cheers ***** ***** Steve.

sorry to hear that

if you tell me your location I can try and find an auto electrician for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Matt. Thanks for your help my post code M24 5LL Manchester England once again many thanks.

no problem

try this firm as they will come out to you

http://www.acecarelectrics.co.uk/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Matt. Many thanks for your time and information l will give them a call. thanks again Steve.