Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My Mondeo has an engine management light relating to DPF

Hi, my Mondeo has an engine management light relating to DPF condition not meet, it's a 2013 2.2 and the DPF fuel vaporiser has been changed, followed by the sensor, but the system still says that the DPF is over full, and yet the sensor reading suggested it's only .7 which is not full. The mini fuel pump for the vaporiser won't run but will trigger if manually applied a voltage. My dealer says it's needs a new DPF but is there anything that could be checked first as it's a big expense if the DPF is not at fault?

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

The DPF failing or plugging up is the main cause of this fault here with it needing removed and cleaned by a facility that can remove and clean it or removed and replaced.You will need to have it tested further to make sure this is the cause.But if the dealer did do all the right testing I suspect it does need to be replaced or removed and cleaned.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete, thanks for the reply. I don't think or believe the dealer done anything in the way of diagnostic as I had to ask for pressure sensor to be properly tested along with vaporise fuel pump, both of which they initially said were faulty and proved to be fine.So my question is more to do with what other items could cause this fault apart from the DPF itself as the fault implies condition not correct for regen and I don't believe the DPF is full, so what other sensors need to be checked on my vehicle as there seems to be other sensors close to the DPF?Many thanks

You're welcome

The engine coolant temp sensor and any exhaust temp sensors at fault can cause the conditions to not be met to operate the regen.I would have these checked/tested to see if any of these are faulty needing replaced.These are sensors I have run into before on other models that will cause this fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete