Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Fuel keeps dropping back after leaving van parked a few days

Customer Question

Fuel keeps dropping back after leaving van parked a few days my guess is flow release valve it’s a 03 Peugeot expert van 1.9 not turbo is this a big job. I do park in reverse down hill once I pump fuel through it’s fine it’s only when I don’t start it for a few days
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I’m reviewing your question and then I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still waiting for my answer
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Does your model have element filter or metal cartridge .

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Absolute diabolical answer from you. I’m asking a mechanic a question for a reason and give details of the problem ,make year and model of the vehicle also given. And the mechanic then asks me does my model have element filter or metal cartridge ,So do I pay £20 and do my own diagnostic, You need to realise you can google my vehicle and find out the details of it then give me the answer to the question I asked. Unbelievable
Expert:  Greg replied 29 days ago.

Sorry but not given you an answer before i do that i need the information from you .if you don;\'t know then say so and i would of investigated .

I asked which filter type you had as it changed in your year early had filter and metal housing and a hand type pump.

later that year came with an element that was inside of a plastic housing and electrical fitting.

Kind regards Greg