Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Temp not reacting to control settings and will not blow hot

temp not reacting to control settings and will not blow hot but does change from screen to dash and feet and fan works ok. Its not showing a fault so if you can be of any help I would be very grateful. I'm Graham
Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: no leaks and runs at correct temp
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: citreon c5 2ltr 136bhp hdi 2007
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: been on utube which hinted at flaps inside can break which means replacing whole unit at cost of 2,000
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of thanks

Hi Graham, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The phone call offer is automatically offered to all customers.I may or may not be able to accept the call in some cases but others will see you requested a call and if I cannot take it someone else may be able to do so.

I try to be here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.I even check in on my days off.Any questions on any of the fees have to be brought up with customer care which I can gladly supply a link for you if you want just let me know.

What usually fails is the temperature actuator on the heater box under the dash.The actuator fails internally causing this exact issue.In some cases, it can be the flaps or doors in the heater box that break or come apart and the entire unit needs to be replaced.You will need to have the actuator tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced.If it is found to be o.k. then the flaps/doors need to be checked to see if one is damaged with the heater box needing to be replaced.These all need to be checked into to then locate and repair this fault here.Unfortunately, my info is not showing me a picture or diagram of these on your model to post here.A local parts store or parts department can usually look these up for you at no charge and show you the pictures of them and their exact locations.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete