Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer

My car stereo blew the fuse on the back of it. Replaced but

My car stereo blew the fuse on the back of it. Replaced but in shorted out. The fuse OK on the back. But after it shorted out the engine management light came on indicating Dpf fault and when I turn on engine the preheating light comes on for a short period. Combo Van 2015 has done nearly 50000 miles.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would this be covered under the warranty van is not 3 years old yet

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

You will need to contact a dealer with your vehicles VIN number so they can check and tell you if warranty will cover this repair.It should but its hard to say for sure from here.

It sounds like you may have shorted wiring causing the fuse to blow out as well as the other issues here.I would contact the dealer to see if they can diagnose and repair this under warranty for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks for the response but I have already booked it in for a diagnostic. I'm working away from home hence why I used this site to see if there was an easy solution.

Your welcome

If there is anything else I can help with on this here let me know.

Thanks Pete