Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer

After using the satnav in my newly acquired S-type (56 reg)

After using the satnav in my newly acquired S-type (56 reg) the battery becomes totally drained. Is there some special technique for turning the device off?

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

If this is a factory installed navigation system then it should not drain the battery unless there is an issue with the navigation control unit itself internally.If this is an after market installed the system you will need to have the wiring checked leading to it to see if it was wiring that is wired incorrectly causing this issue here.

You will need to have a parasitic drain/draw test performed to locate the exact component causing this issue here.If you would like the procedure on how this is done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete