Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Land Rover 110 with a 200tdi engine. Ran fine- been

I have a Land Rover 110 with a 200tdi engine.
Ran fine- been stood for about 6 months, tried to start it and all I get is a quick loud ticking noise. Checked battery - all ok. Any ideas?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The rapid clicking noise is the sound of the starter either not getting enough power or the starter itself at fault.The starter can fail while sitting as I have seen in the past and I have had to replace it.

Now if you only tested your battery to make sure it has voltage this isn't a sufficient test as the battery can have voltage but may be defective where it has no amperage coming out and the battery would need to be replaced.You can have the battery tested with an actual battery tester to see if it needs to be replaced or try a jump start and if it starts then the battery needs replaced.

Check and make sure the battery cables are not corroded or loose at or leading from the battery as this will also cause this issue here.

If these are o.k. then the starter needs to be tested to see if it needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete