Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Have a Peugeot 508, 2013 diesel. Want to know if I can reset

Customer Question

Have a Peugeot 508, 2013 diesel. Want to know if I can reset the service/maintenance warning myself
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: It’s a 2013
Assistant: Are you fixing your 505 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has only done it’s a 508
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 30thousand total mileage
Category: Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Last service done at car dealership and then used for short drives, maybe clocking in 250km only.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There seems to be info online about how to reset the service warning but only for vehicles with actual units with keyed ignitions. My unit has keyless starting so I’d like to know if I can also do this l.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi..there..

Normally the best procedure on these is to have reset on a scanner..if its gone over or past the service interval mileage then you'll have no option but to... but if its keyless then the procedure as per with keyed ignition should be the same..as long as you dont depress any brake/clutch pedal to allow the engine to start..press the zero's button on dash and just switch or turn it to ignition till it resets..