sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a '58 F/L 2 2.2 HSE with 35,272 genuine miles on the

I have a '58 F/L 2 2.2 HSE with 35,272 genuine miles on the clock
my previous '57 plate HSE had 147,650 miles on the clock and re-mapped returned on local runs between 375 - 425 miles per tank, and m/way 75% local 25% runs returned between475-525 miles per tank. I had my '58 plate re-mapped but it still at best only achieves 400 miles per tank on m/w 75%, local 25% runs and 350 - 380 on local. Is it possible the injectors may need attention, although it runs smooth enough. Help ! any suggestions or advice ?
Roger.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's Aapleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear *****, The injector pulverize the fuel, when the injector does not pulverize, the fuel consume increase due to the injector does not open up and close up in a proper way.
Another aspect you should consider is the Oxygen sensor because it regulates the fuel quantity according to the car exhaust.
I recommend you to make a maintenance to your injection system and make a check to the sensor with a diagnotic scan tool.

Dear *****, is your inquire clear?

If your inquire is clear, please rate my answer. Thank you very much.

Dear customer, i saw you are not satisfied with my answer. Please let know how i could improve my answer.