jeep10000
jeep10000,
Experience:  dasdasd
12365498

In the snow I have slid into a wall. The front offside wheel

In the snow I have slid into a wall. The front offside wheel has taken the hit. It drives ok but on full lock there is an obvious wheel problem. Is it safe to drive still?
Hello, and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi chris
If it seems to drive ok when not turning to full lock, then you are probably ok to drive it, however have a shop or dealer check this out as soon as it is convenient for you. Something became bent when You hit the wall. So go to where you need to be today, but get this checked asap.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What’s the worse that can happen if we drive it?
The eorseThe worse that can happen would be accelerated tire wear.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you think the axle may be damaged?
Probably not if it drives ok when going straight. If the axle was damaged, then you would be experiencing bad vibrations.
Chris
You probably bent a tie rod.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That sounds a bit cheaper than a bent axle
indeed!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
safe to drive but needs looking at soon then
Exactly. Get it checked when you are able to do so.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!Chris
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. Remember that I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!
Chris

Thank you so much for accepting my answer! I will keep this session open for a few days just in case you have any follow up questions.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Glenn

My pleasure Glenn!

Cheers

Chris