sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My car just stopped 3 times recently. Twice when I was

Hi. My car just stopped 3 times recently. Twice when I was stationary at traffic lights but the third time when I was driving. The engine just stopped but I had power and each time I was able to get the car re-started after a few minutes. I do not get any error messages so what could be the problem?

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in Justanswer.

Dear client, this problems Indica 3 very common fails in your car.
1) problems in the crankshaft sensor or in the camshaft sensor. This sensors are who sincronize the car's timing. When one of this sensor stop receiving signal (power) the car turns off when it's at minimum rpm.
2) problems in the throttle body. Your car have sensors that are responsible for maintain the minimum air pass when you accelerate or decelerate, effectively when you got this problems the car turns off as you said.
3)problems in the fuel system. Pressure problems in the fuel system cause unexpected turns off this is because the pump stop sending fuel.
To verify which one or Which are the failures you must first scan your car with a automotive scanner tool to watch if your car presents error codes that may help realize where the fail is.
If you have any doubt please let me know, I will be a pleasure to answer. But if your doubt is solve please do not forget to rate my answer in the stars rating system. Thank you very much! Have a good day! you must first scan your car with a automotive scanner tool to watch if your car presents error codes, that may help realize where the fail is.
If you have any doubt please let me know, I will be a pleasure to answer. But if your doubt is solve please do not forget to rate my answer in the stars rating system. Thank you very much! Have a good day!