sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Suzuki Jimny 2000 yr Reg W171AKP The Ignition

I have a Suzuki Jimny 2000 yr Reg W171AKP The Ignition switch jammed so I bought another from aa breakers my original one has 7 wires on one connector plug and two wires on the other, on the one I received from the breakers has connectors one ( the 7 wire connector ) is spot on and connects perfectly, the other connector has 4 wires so doesn't match up, is there a way I can connect it up to the system I have ?
Acker

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in justanswer.

dear customer, this 7 wires that you see are the neccesaries to the switch functioning. The other wires vary by the anti-theft system. Would you tell me the colors of those wires please?

You could turn on your car without needing to have the 4 wires system connect. if it presents problems you must find the switch needed, because the anti-theft system is still activate.

I'm really sorry for not giving you a better help but in this case I got to be with the car to give you a sollution. I hope you could understand.

Dear customer, if your inquiry is clear, please do not forget to rate my services in the stars rate. Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wires on anti - theft 1 with black with white dot To wires on unit bolted to car body
1 with black with white stripe 1 pink with black stripe
1 yellow with black stripe 1 blue with red stripe
1 blue with white dot
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
wires on unit bolted on car body
pink with black stripe
blue with red stripe
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
for some reason my pc got the wires mixed anti theft 1 black+ white dot 1 blue + white dot 1 yellow + black stripe 1 black + white stripeSorry Acker
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there any way to bi-pass the anti-theft unit ? or just turn it off
I notice the key on the replacement ignition system has central locking buttons if the battery is dead in this would that make any difference ?
Acker

Dear customer, have you already plug the 7 wires to the switch? And Does not your car turn on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have plunged in 7 wire plug and everything works even turns engine OK and lighting instruments all ok

Acker, that's excellent! if you need more help, let me know!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
everything works, apart from it doesn't fire the engine up, so the anti-theft device isn't coming off. I'm going to see an auto electrician tomorrow, he may be able give me some advice, and another guy from a Japanese car electric spares shop said he would pop in and have a look so hopefully between them I'll get an answer, but thanks for trying for me. Acker

perfect Dear customer, keep me informed.

Goodnight

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Sebastian, I have sorted my problem out today. I rang an Auto electrician who said to put my original part that goes around the outside of the key and is connected to the unit on the bulkhead, then drape my original key on the side of it, when the car starts drive it to my workshop and I will cut another key and I will re -programme it for you. I thought it was good value for £30. Thanks for help anyway. Acker.

Hi Acker, I'm happy you have sort out your problem! Whenever you need help, i will be happy to help you!
Thanks for telling me how you sorted it out!
Sebastian.