sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have Mazda 6 2008 2.0l diesel 140hp having a problem with

Hi there,
I have Mazda 6 2008 2.0l diesel 140hp having a problem with o2 sensor witch is bank 2 sensor 1 i understand its a front one but i cant find location. There should be 5 wire o2 sensor and i cant find it.. anyone could help me please?

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
please give me a moment to atteend your query.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Sebastian, im getting a code P0154 is described as Oxygen Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected Bank 2 Sensor 1. I could find one sensor behind catalytic converter. But there is no sensor front of it..

dear client. sensor 02 is called as to oxygen sensor or lambda sensor , these sensor regulate the pollution that your exhaust system throws away. the car has two sensors one is housed in the exhaust manifold and the other is housed in the catalytic converter of the exhaust system. when the scanner shows bank 01 it is the multiple exhaust sensor and when it shows bank 02 it indicates that it is the exhaust pipe sensor that is near the catalytic, i will attach you to a reference picture of the sensor.

dear customer, do you know where the multiple admission?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately i don't but if you could describe ill find

Dear customer, the exhaust manifold from the engine to the exhaust, it is next to the engine towards the exhaust pipe. Please note that in the picture I attach there to a sensor oxygen place in the final part. I want to make you note that this is a reference picture from a different car, but in your car it has the same form. The location may vary and it could be behind the engine if you watch it from the front part of your car.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
From catalytic converter was fallowing the exhaust pipe up to the engine and there is no oxygen sensor. Sorry Sebastian but i cant find your attached picture

Sorry! attach the image again. let me know if you can watch it now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got your pictures!! Thanks
How i said was fallowing the exhaust from catalytic converter up to engine but there is no oxygen sensor there is just one behind catalytic. Its weird but its true. I brought car to two garages and they was saying the same there is just one. They think it could be foult o2 sensor behind catalytic converter but i doubt it couse i unplugged wire of that sensor drove a car a mile and it start showing different fault the code was p0030 Ho2S hearet control circuit bank 1 sensor 1

Dear customer, i see. are you the only owner of your car or you bought it second hand?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought it second hand

Dear customer, It is common for these sensors to be eliminated or 'condemned' but the branch should remain there.
To find it, disarm the branch and follow the sensor wires, in this way you can be sure where this sensor is located.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Sebastian!! ill try to find it tomorrow.

Dear customer, your welcome. Please do not forget to rate my answer in the stars rating system.
and let me know if you find it. thank you very much!