sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a PeugeOT 206 1360cc Verve SW. I was driving back

Hello Pearl, I have a PeugeOT(###) ###-####c Verve SW. I was driving back from Derby to Bristol last week and had a serious problem develop. It drove for a few miles normally. after the car reached full temperature it started developing a fault. Once i had changed gear down through the gearbox at a junction or roundabout as soon as I put it in gear to pull away it lost virtually all power from the engine and struggled to get across the junction beyond 3 MPH. It was very unnerving with 20 tonne trucks behind me. It eventually picked up speed but each time I came to a junction the same thing happened. After about 30 miles it became impossible to drive and would no longer pick up any speed. The RAC came out and fiddled with it eventually and by the time the engine was cold the RAC asked me to drive for a few miles to a place where they could arrange a recovery truck. For the first mile or so the car acted normally and then the fault started again. I have replaced the coil pack and spark plugs but this has not cured it. I know that this fault is a common issue on this model but there seems to be no finite absolute fault that has been pinned down. Can you help?
Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Once it loses power it is judderty and will not pick up speed again one the engine is hot. It almost feels like a problem I had in the 1970s with a Ford Cortina with leaky plug leads shorting to the engine but this car doesn't have plug leads.
Assistant: What year is your 207?
Customer: It's a 206 registered in 2006
Assistant: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Coil pack and plugs. It's not easy to take to the garage because the fault is only fixable when apparent.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
How are you today?
I would like to explain you somethings and then give you some recommendation in order to help you find a solution for your trouble and avoid bad times again.
Dear customer, this problems are common in circuits overheat, this means that it could affect any engine sensor. This problems also could happen due to problem in the fuel pump and filters.
would you please tell me, how long have pass since the last maintenance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The car was last serviced on 12th December 2017. It also had new fuel feed pipes fitted on 26th June 2017. The fuel pump and filters have not been changed. When the car is parked out of gear the engine runs and revs perfectly with an idle speed of about 1000 RPM

Dear customer, first you must scan your car looking for error codes that indicate a sensor, this sensor may be suffering overheating, i recommend you: where the overheat is observe we will check the wires condition, plugs and sensor status. you also should take apart the fuel pump and check their status and replace the filters too.

Dear customer, can i help you in anything else? if so please let me know. But if your inquire is clear, please do not forget to rate in the stars rating system. Thank you very much.