sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I am considering buying a 2010(60) Mazda 3 1.6d ts 107bhp

Hi I am considering buying a 2010(60) Mazda 3 1.6d ts 107bhp with 65k on the clock,are there any historical issues to look for as intend keeping for 5 -6 years in retirement doing 6k per year.
Thanks ,Mike.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.How are you today?

The Mazda 3 is a very good car. It is considered as one of the best mid-range cars in the market for that year. The car has a lot of advantage, for example, it use chain that is better than strap. This extends the lifetime to make the maintenance to the system. Remember that you should replace the systems (tensors and the skates) at 110,000 miles, that chain is not necessary to replace it if you do not want to. Also remember to change the oil at 3000 miles. to extends the engine lifetime. And at 12500 miles I suggest you to change the fuel, oil, and air filters and a maintenance throttle body system. With all these information I want to highlight that there is where the engines lifetime remains.

And specifically about the Mazda 3 you can be sure that it is a good option to buy!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It ha a good service history and if I maintain it as you suggest should it last me for another 40000 miles ok .

Yes, it will last 40.000 miles and even more if you do all the maintenance i suggest you.

Dear ***** my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, please let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks , you suggest changing oil every 3000 is that between servicing ? What is servicing interval .please

Yes Mike! the servicing interval i recommend is every 12000-12500miles. So to your fourth(4) oil change you should do the maintenance (servicing).