sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My van been up all winter so battery flat. Bought new one

Hello my van been laid up all winter so battery flat. Bought new one all dashboard lights up radio etc but no ignition power!
Can you help me please.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Dear customer, would you please give me more information? What kind of fuel does the van use? Manufacturing year/model?
What does the van when you try to turn it on?
the engine turns or just do nothing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello diesel 2.0 litre 2013 Vauxhall vivaro. When I turn key everything lights up on dashboard, radio, lights all work. But nothing else no clicking noises or anything from engine

Dear customer, there are several causes to which your vehicle is not starting and we need to rule out each one of them:
1) You might have problems with the key and the vehicle's immobilizer, this vehicles have a code in the key that correspond with the code of the immobilizer, when this codes get deprogrammed, you could turn the key to use the radio, lights and all your vehicle components but the vehicle will not have the correspondent code to unlock the immobilizer, so the engine will not start.
2) Problem in the ignition system, it might be that because of the time that it has been without use, could have caused a problem with the ignition which might have got stuck or might have generated problems in the ignition system wires.
3) Problems in the engine (starting) module, many times because of winter's low temperatures, the modules get internally moisten to which the modules might get damaged including the starting unit (module).
4) Problems with the glow plugs, the diesel cars to make fheir first combustion, need that fuel a high temperatures, this temperature highs up because of your car's glow sparks.
when there is a problem with them, the fuel does not heat up and it may cause that the car does not turn on.

as you can see, there are several causes that may be the problem with the engine's start. To make sure exactly what the problem is, I recommend you to scan with a automotive diagnosis scanner and then with the information received from the scanner, we will dismiss all possible causes and to focus on the error code that the scanner will show us.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, please let me know even if you already rate, i can keep helping you.