sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a oil leak on the left front wing. Do you have any

Hi. I have a oil leak on the left front wing. Do you have any idea from where? Mazda 6 Estate. Thanks

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the answer is?

Dear customer, in this zone, there are multiple causes that could be the cause of your oil leak, I will btry to show you some of them:
Problems with the valve packing in the valve cover. This pack is on the top of the engine. This is the most common because it suffer damage for high temperature because it is manufacture with rubber and when the rubbers heat up, it broke. To realize of this oil leak might be easy just take off all the covers that are over the engine and check all their edges. We could find also leaks oil on the crankshaft seal gasket that goes to the gear box. This could be your problem because it not allow the oil to go to the crankshaft and go out through the crankshaft as this is made of rubber and with the time the crankshaft make it abrades and starts to generate oil leaks. Another reason might be it that in that place we find the gear box seal or gear box cover. The oil leak you see might be transmission or engine oil and could be that one of this are filtering. It also exist a Seal packing in the crankcase when we got one of this problems we suffer oil lacks that might be reflect in the place you are telling me.As you can see there are many possibilities that you should check yourself. I recommend you first to check your engine's oil level, if it is under level, fill it with brand new oil and take care of this problem as soon as you can

Im sorry for my delay

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tks mate. I will remove the engine cover

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen. If you need more help, please let me know even if you already rate, i can keep helping you

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
It possible the intercooler to be faulty?

Dear customer, yes, it is possible