Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Coupe 20v 1998. I change the radio and while doing

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Coupe 20v 1998.
I change the radio and while doing so my battery voltage dropped and when recharged the Code light came on and the engine wont start!!!
I have tried to by-pass the immobilizer with-out success.
Do you have any ideas on solving my problem?
Regards, Roger.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It sounds like you need to have the computer reprogrammed to relearn the security/theft system in your vehicle.It sounds like the programming was lost and a reprogram is needed to resolve this fault here.This usually has to be done by a dealer or repair facility that works on this model vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete