Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My Skoda Octavia 2012 has just died on me! Will not go into

Customer Question

Good morning
My Skoda Octavia 2012 has just died on me!
Will not go into limp mode and will not start.
Glow plug warning light stays on whilst flashing and after 3 loud audible tones the oil light comes on solid????Can anyone help please?
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

First, check the engine oil level and see if it is o.k.If it is low then I would add oil and see if it starts then as the computer may have shut down the engine due to low engine oil.If adding oil to the correct level corrects this issue then the engine needs to be checked over for any oil leaks needing to be repaired.

If the oil level is o.k. since the glow plug light flashes/stays on this indicates there is a code set in the engine computer as it has detected a fault with one of its sensors or components.What has to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicles data port that can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.There will be at least one code set that will then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here.There are several components/sensors that can act up/fail to cause this fault here.The fault codes will have to be checked to help locate and repair this issue.

I have seen where the engine crank sensor can act up causing this fault needing replaced most commonly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete