Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a ford ranger thunder 2006 that has a problem

I have a ford ranger thunder 2006 that has a problem with,when i start to accelerate it flat then after 2 and a half rpm its ok , any suggestions please ,steve

Hi Steve, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Has anything been checked or tested or replaced to try and locate or resolve this issue here?

Are any warning lights on on the dash at all with this issue or have you had the fault codes read out at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Dose not show enything on fault codes and no light on dash board ?

Does it feel like its bogging down like its starting off in a higher gear than normal when accelerating or does it have a manual gearbox/transmission?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When going up a hill it just struggling no power at all ?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Manual ,the fly wheel whent on it and this flat spot came on the same time,put new one on and still the same,it feels like the turbo not kicking in straight away?

That is what it sounds like to me from here.

I would have the throttle position sensor signal checked/tested to see if you have a faulty throttle position sensor sending a false signal.This will keep the turbo from kicking in and will cause this fault here.The throttle position sensor can send a false signal preventing little to no turbo boost as the computer will think you're not pressing on the throttle which will cause this fault.

I have also seen issues with the turbo itself where it can act up internally causing this fault.It fails to engage until a higher rpm.

These are the most common causes of this issue you have described here.You will need to have these checked into/tested to locate for sure which is the cause then it can be repaired from there to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

You're welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete