sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a mini paceman with 'bike prep' fitted. When I press

Customer Question

I have a mini paceman with 'bike prep' fitted. When I press the brake or indicate left the trailer light check warning comes on. It seems that the car thinks there is a trailer attached when it is not !
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Yourmechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question.Thank you very much for trust in justanswer. I'm sorry for any delay. Iam returning to the platform.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi, do you need to know any more information?

Dear customer, you have a bike in the back of your car?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, nothing is plugged into the back of the car. No bike rack.

ok, I understand, and it happens when you press the brake or when you put reverse?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When the brake is pressed or the near side indicator is used. After the warning light happens the reversing sensors do not work.

Dear customer, I am sorry for my delay I have been busy in the platform and solving some personal issues .. From my position is hard to give an exact diagnosis of your problem. It might be a deprogramation in the rear module of the ECU. Another cause could be that the selector has a direct current that activate in a bad manner these part..
I recommend you to scan your car with an automotive diagnosis scanner that have the mini Cooper software. According to the error codes it gives. We could realize what exactly the problem is. Defective module, a short, a problem with the rear sensor or another relate sensor. With these I want to show what the possible causes could be and the technician will give tell you which exactly the fail is. Is this what you wanted to know? Or is there something else else I could do for you? Thank you and sorry for my delay again.

Dear customer, Is there anything else I could help you?
My goal is to give you the better advice I can, and I hope I could have helped.
Please before you leave, remember to rate my service in the stars rating system. In that way you help me grow in the platform. Thank you