sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

09 318D SE Estate, loss of power, temp warning light on (red

09 318D SE Estate, loss of power, temp warning light on (red then yellow back to red), water not boiling and rad full, head gasket Ok.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question.Thank you very much for trust in justanswer. I'm sorry for any delay. Iam returning to the platform.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** more information on line (chat) regarding the 08,318D SE Estate, would you like it again ?

Dear customer, at the moment I cannot take your call because a problem with my cellphone, if you want to have a more personal communication we could talk by the WhatsApp chat.
The additional information I need, is that you told me that you do not have overheating symptoms, just problem with the indicator. Right?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No loss of power car will only crawl along at 10mph, indicator showed overheating yet radiator only warm. After crawling along for 15miles then freewheeling down hill engine cutout, when I let the clutch out to restart engine became normal overheating warning light gone.
Garage diagnostic machine doesn’t show fault, garage have ordered new thermostat in hope that’s the answer

Indeed dear customer, from my position looks like you have a coolant circulation problem in your engine. The main cause of these faults are the thermostats, when they get stuck, a major problem could be located in the coolant pump, with its lifetime, it loses its capacity to recirculate and filter the fluid. I want to highlight that these is valid, just if with the diagnosis scanner tool, the problem with the temperature sensor have been dismissed. Checking that it is not controlled for any reason. Following these terms It is correct to replace the thermostat. dear customer, Is there any other doubt I could help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is the temperature sensor located and how do you test it, is it part of the thermostat?
If it was a fault with the water pump would the engine have come back to normal ?

Dear customer, if the pump is starting to fail, the temperature can start to up and down like your case is. The temperature sensor is located in the input of the hose that communicate the radiator with the engine block. Rightly near the thermostat area . And it gets verified with an automotive diagnosis scanner, watching that it does not show error codes relate to these sensor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I know what to look for if/when it happens again.
Thank you for your advice.

Dear customer, Is there anything else I could help you?
My goal is to give you the better advice I can, and I hope I could have helped.
Please before you leave, remember to rate my service in the stars rating system. In that way you help me grow in the platform. Thank you.