sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Where is crankshaft sensor located on an x trail 2.5 petrol

where is crankshaft sensor located on an x trail 2.5 petrol engine

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian and I will attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just written answer please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its a 2005 x trail 2.5 engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its a right hand drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfcB1h-ubmQ

Dear customer, as the figure show you, in the rear side of the engine, Where the gearbox comunicate with the engine, near you can watch the start(arranque). I will attached you a video that show the location to make it easier for you

These video is for a year older car but they share the same location

Dear customer, Is there anything else I could help you?
My goal is to give you the better advice I can, and I hope I could have helped.
Please before you leave, remember to rate my service in the stars rating system. In that way you help me grow in the platform. Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is it on gearbox side of engine at the back of engine only i can see no wires there or your video
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how do i see your video
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dont know what you mean can watch the start in your answer

Dear customer, as you can see it is located in the engine block, I said gearbox as a reference. I could recommend you that it is way easier to access under (below) your Xtrail. Yes?
To watch the video, you should copy the link and paste it in your browser

you should copy the link and paste it in your browser

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
looking from the front is it on right hand side at the back

Yes! Dear customer

You see it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you i will go see if i can see it thank you.

Thank you dear customer, it is a pleasure to me can serve you. Please before you leave do not forget to rate my service in the 5 stars rating system in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you. Sebastian.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
carnt see it it is where gearbox bolts to engine on passenger side right hand side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7fS3xB5A5U

Dear customer, the video is a Nissan Altima, it is a reference video because both share the same location

I know it's hard to find it. The Altima shares the same engine with your Xtrail

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
still carnt find it.

Dear customer, good day! I am sorry for my delay. Did you watch the sensor? Have you disassembled the air filter zone to access easily?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
took everything out of way but cannot see it from underneath either. how far down is it and is it fastened to engine block or gearbox thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its a 2.5 litre sport petrol engine.

Dear customer, I am sorry you cannot get access to the sensor yet. In the last video that I will attach back again (you just need to copy the link and paste it in your browser). You will watch how the technician access to the sensor for the upper part of driver's side

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
drivers side are you talking left hand drive or right hand drive
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is no wires in that region behind block to the right looking from front of car. it is a 2.5 sport model is that any different than a 2.5

Dear customer, if i stand in front of the vehicle, it will be to the right hand.
did you watch the video? and Sorry for my insistence with it.

to make sure, could you send me a picture of your engine? I am showing you the 2005 Xtrail 2.5 petrol.

you can attach the picture in the top of the chat. In the clip.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have already seen those videos but they are not very clear it is 2.5 sport engine. i can tell you there is no wires where video shows. are you sure this is correct location for 2.5 sport engine thanks

Yes dear customer, I am completely sure. This engine doesn't change. But I would appreciate a picture in these moment.
What happens with this sensor is that it cannot be watch it a simple view. It is easier to touch it than watch it, because of the hard access to it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
think i will take into garage thought it would be easy asking for £13 but not so thanks