sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2005 Nissan Micra. very good condition 38.600

Hello.
I have a 2005 Nissan Micra. very good condition 38.600 miles,
the battery keeps draining. so i got a new battery.
But feel something is draining the battery - Had MOT and Service garage man hasnt a clue - i feel he thinks as a woman i imagine it.
BUT today when i indicated - theres a lot of clanking etc coming from boot area - stopped at shops - had to leave car unlocked as the boot had unlocked itself and the car wouldnt lock.
when i got home - the boot still open but would not lock - indicator on dashbourd says a door open- cant lock the boot - so cant lock the car.
dont want to take to garage for three days (he says) to investigate. ( money , money!)
i feel its to do with the electrics in the boot area - or the boot catch? would appreciate your wisdom please?
thank you muchly.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian and I will attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am waiting your reply
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i wish to have it written down. unable to repair just now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are going to reply in writing?

Dear customer, I am reading your question, please give me a moment

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, thank you

Dear customer, when you turn on your car at mornings, after the car have been parked all night. Do you have problems to turn on the engine? Do you feel lacks of power when you turn on the car?
Do you have a multimeter or a voltmeter? To show you some tests in order to find if your car have any drain.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i use the car every 2-3 days and usually starts - but battery is lower as may take two attemps. mans says alternator ok and starter ok. but battery was drained after 5 days of not being used. this man recharged battery - and it ok but decided to get a new one anyway.
this problem is after the new battery as well.
i year ago the boot would not open - man att another garage mended the wire coming from the roof to inside the top of the boot door.
was ok after that . says its a common prob with these cars as that wire wears out
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do not have a meter but started ok today after 2 daysdrove for 45 miles 2 days ago - towards the end of journey - i indicated and boot was noisy and came unlocked by itself
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
started ok today - but on way home boot noisy and unlocked itself - i feel its an electric problem - mabe wire loose - broken?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
today - after poking about with the locking mechanism and repeatedly slamming the boot shut - it did lock - so this is intermittant problem.
is locked at this time

Dear customer, the first we will do is a simple diagnosis to dismiss that your car have drains of power. The proccedure is simple, you just need to disconnect the negative bone of the battery and the possitive bone connected to the battery. if the battery after 1 or two days (the time you consider drains your battery) is completly drain, It is obvious that you have what we call a parasite ( a drain or steal of power) in your circuits. if these test does not drain your battery, the problem is located in the battery. In mi opinion you have a drain of power , but it is not neccesary to go to a dealer to fix it, you will not need several days to fix it either. Any car electrician can check the wires with a multimeter, tester or voltmeter to find where the drain (steal) is.
I will start for the circuit on the hood circuit. because as you have told me you got a repair there. and there would be where the problem is located and there could be a wire broke or disconnect or it is just drainning power. You should also check the starter system, as you said you are having problems with it.
From what you said, i highlight that the problem is in a circuit of your hood, but these faults are not expensive to fix by a cars electrician. Please do the test i said, and remember that it is not neccesary to do it with a dealer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much for your advice - i do have a number for a man that can check it for me.

Dear customer, Is there anything else I could help you?My goal is to give you the better advice I can, and I hope I could have helped.Please before you leave, remember to rate my service in the stars rating system. In that way you help me grow in the platform. Thank you.