sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2006 Ford Focus. Yesterday they car was all fine.

Hi, I have a 2006 Ford Focus. Yesterday they car was all fine. We had to stop somewhere for 5 minutes, and on restart the dashboard said that the bonnet is open... hasn't been touched during that 5 min. Then noticed that the A/C wasn't working actually the fan wasn't working either as no air was blowing into the car and then this morning noticed that even the rear window wiper wasn't working either.
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: I haven't checked the fuses yet as was with the kids, I thought that it is electrical fault for sure and might be the fuses too.
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing I'm at work :(
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think this is plenty :)

Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. Do you have any idea what the problem can be? Thanks!

Dear customer, good morning, allow me a few moments to read your question. Thanks for being with us.

Dear customer, good day. We are glad you're in Just answer.
This fail you describe can be due to some aspects that we must check. As the assistant said, the first we should do is check the fuse box located under the steering wheel, in these areas you will find the fuses that manage the windshield wipers and the AC system.
Dear customer, have you suffered a problem with a high voltage in your car? Or have you recently replaced the battery?
When several parts of the car are failing is because we have a high voltage that damage the fuses or a deprogram on the ECU, the second one can be easily fix it with an automotive diagnosis scanner. You don't have to worry these faults are not expensive nor hard to fix. Ok?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks! I will check the fuse box.Battery has been replaced more maybe 2 years ago. I'm not aware of any high voltage issue.

Dear customer, My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I have helped today.
If there is anything else I could help. Please let me know and remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave.
Thanks, Sebastian