Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2016 Mazda 3( 2.0 SE-L NAV) buzzes, shows a warning light

My 2016 Mazda 3( 2.0 SE-L NAV) buzzes, shows a warning
light and a message indicating there is a tyre pressure problem.
On checking the pressures with a gauge however I find these to
be correct (36psi all round for up to 3 people in the car).
Is this some sort of sender unit fault, and can it be easily re-set
or corrected?

OK

as you've checked all the pressures then 1st try to reset the system

All you have to do is hold in the TPMS button typically located to the left of your steering wheel. After holding it in for a few seconds, your car will let you know that it’s reset with a beep, and then you can release.

When you press the button, it resets the sensors.

if this doesn't work and you still have a warning light then its likely that there's a fault with a sensor or the leak from the tyre or the valve stem

these are located inside the tyre and mounted on the wheel rim

you can also replace the valve stem separately to the sensor at a much reduced cost to replacing the whole sensor

see here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-TPMS-Tyre-Pressure-Sensor-Valve-Stem-Mazda-6-/253160394360

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt