sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a nissan 2008 xtrail and all of a sudden when your

i have a nissan 2008 xtrail and all of a sudden when your turn the start button you just get a click and it wont start. it will push start only. replaced fob battery and it happened again about a week later. after an hour it then started? can't fathom out why. is there a sensor in the car that could be faulty?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the car is starting ok today! could it be a door switch problem or steering column starting knob issue?

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. I am sorry for any delay.
dear customer, do you still need help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am waiting for your reply on my question. So what do you think is wrong with my Nissan. The Nissan is has key less ignition opening system and you can open the doors and press the pedal and turn the knob and dash is lit but car will not start, just clicks. After a while it will just work fine. We had bump started and it starts. You can unclip the key fob to use a key in the ignition but that doesnt start it either. It is like there is a break in the signal. The key flashes green then red on the dash. have replaced both batteries in keys. Please advise.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No Dont want to call you just can you reply via email your theory on the problem have paid for your response already and had not had one yet. I am not paying another £15 to call when I have told you the problem.

Dear customer, this faults are electric. I would like to know:
Have you scanned your car?
Does your battery drain?
Is this happening intermittently?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do you mean by scanned my car?
The Main Battery is fine
Yes as explained in my question yes intermittently

Dear customer, I mean if you have you used a diagnosis scanner tool to see which error codes it shows or are store in the ECU n order to know where might be the root of your problem

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no not yet. that is our next thing to do.
thank you for your help

Dear customer, i would like to explain you about the starting faults system because there could be several factors, please understand that from my remote position it is hard to give you an exact diagnostic. The starting problem could be due a problem with the key fob battery but it is not the only reason that might be the root of your problem. Your Xtrail have a immobilizer system, this module recognize the key to unlock the starting system. When it is active the central lock module and dashboard work but you cannot turn on the engine. So it has to be checked. There are some sensors that allow and generate the turning on on your car. Sometimes when there are a problem with the timing the CKP sensor when it is defective does not allow the car to start. The same happen with the fuel rail system if it has a problem generate problems with the start too. To dismiss these causes firstly we need to scan the car with a Nissan diagnosis scanner or a scanner with the Nissan software. The error codes it will present will show what area we have to check. Is your question clear? Or is there something else I could do for you?

Dear Customer, Is your inquire clear or is there anything else i could do for you?my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave.