sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Fiat Doblo cargo 2005 van i can get 123gears 4

i have a Fiat Doblo cargo 2005 van i can get 123gears 4 sometimes jumps out 5 and reverse very difficult to engage this started to happen in the last few days can the gears be ajusted or do i need a new gearbox

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, i observed that your inquiry has some time and i would like to try to help you. do you still need help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i haven't had an answer to my first query ---if i need an adjustment or new gearbox so i don't know what my next question will be
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i am sorry i am unable to communicate by phone as im totaly deaf

dear customer, I'm sorry for my delay, I'm back with you

Dear customer, I have read your query, this type of failures are usually solvable or repairable. but it generally depends on the condition of the gears and the cost of the repair,what we have to do is simply analyze that it is cheaper because many times the gears and couplings are quite expensive to replace most of them and it would be cheaper to buy a second-hand gear box in good condition.
At this point my main recommendation is that you disassemble your gearbox, disarms and observe the selector claw and the first, second, third, fourth gears. If you see that everything have a lot of damage, for example, broken gears, perforated discs, the broken selector, the most convenient thing to do would be to replace your gearbox, because the repair cost is going to be quite high.
Now, when the car release the gears. it can simply be the selector claw that is not coupling.
So, if you see that the gears are in good condition. You should replace this claw and the cost would be much lower,
I recommend that before doing any work, performs a review of the transmission fluid. If it is very dense or very used or burned. This would be the first cause of the problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you very much that will do me, for now, i will get back to you when i have explored further.God bless

Dear customer, how have you been?
I would like to know how your inquiry evolved? was it sorted out?
If you need more help, please let me know. My goal is to give you the best service i can.
I also would like that you rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.

God bless you my friend

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sebastian was more than helpful thank you

Your welcome dear customer! it is a pleasure can help! God bless!